The Hartford is the second-largest group life and disability insurer offering life, disability, critical illness, accident, hospital indemnity and leave management. Driven by our commitment to innovation, operational excellence and targeted support, we’re providing consumer-centric experiences, reducing implementation times and improving employee engagement for our customers. We’ve spent more than 200 years helping our customers overcome life’s challenges – and we’re just getting started.
How it helps
We’ve made it even easier for you to do business with us – our full range of voluntary benefit solutions is backed by unparalleled end-to-end customer experience and the strength of The Hartford. We offer flexibility at the individual benefit level, technology solutions and plug-n-play packages for easy customization. Critical Illness, Accident, and Hospital Indemnity coverages include annual open enrollment with Guaranteed Issue.
- Out of pocket expenses add up quickly, since major medical insurance may only pick up part of the tab.
- Help ease the unplanned financial burden of an accident.
- Complements other insurance you may have, including major medical and disability coverage.
- Additional layer of financial protection may make a difference at a time when you and your family need it most.
A major illness – such as cancer, a heart attack or stroke – can leave you emotionally, physically and financially overwhelmed. Critical Illness insurance can help:
- Relieve the financial impact of an illness so you can focus on recovery.
- Enhance your traditional medical plan.
- Ensure that you’ll be better prepared to cover out-of-pocket expenses in the event of a serious illness when combined with Accident or Disability insurance.
- Provides assistance to help cover the costs incurred by a hospital stay.
- Helps with additional expenses attached to time away from home, like meals, travel and lodging for loved ones.
- Peace of mind to focus on what’s most important – getting better.